Universal Customer Premise Equipment (uCPE) platform enables Service Providers to deliver a variety of software-defined applications in the cloud with simplicity
SANTA CLARA, May 19, 2020 – IP Infusion, a leading provider of network disaggregation solutions for telecom and data communications services, today announced it will deliver and support DANOS-Vyatta edition for Universal Customer Premise Equipment (uCPE) with the introduction of the Open SD-Edge platform. By leveraging DANOS-Vyatta edition software, which is widely deployed at scale for multiple, white box use cases in AT&T’s production network, service providers and their customers can exploit the many benefits of open networking and disaggregation.
DANOS-Vyatta edition is based on DANOS open source version of AT&T’s Vyatta code. DANOS is the first carrier-targeted network operating system (NOS) project hosted by the Linux Foundation. By pre-integrating with the FRR (FRRouting) and DPDK (Data Plane Development Kit) projects, DANOS facilitates evaluations and Proof of Concepts for VNFs and applications.
The Open SD-Edge platform supports a range of uCPE use cases and delivers a platform for operational simplicity, agile deployment of virtualized services and lower CAPEX, leading to reduced total cost of ownership. It includes white box hardware, DANOS-Vyatta edition, and hosts third-party Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs) for SD-WAN, routing, VPN, and firewall support for VNFs on a general-purpose appliance. This eliminates the need for stacks of proprietary equipment and software that require specialized IT skills to install, configure, and maintain.
Under the agreement with AT&T, IP Infusion is the value-added integrator of DANOS-Vyatta edition and has the rights to sell DANOS-Vyatta edition as a commercial solution and provide ongoing support for carrier customers who need additional integration expertise. It also allows provides the flexibility for users to choose from multiple hardware vendors.
DANOS-Vyatta edition now covers cell site router (CSR) and uCPE applications in a common platform for both wide area and local area networking.
The three new Open SD-Edge use cases planned for delivery in 2020 are:
- Virtual SD-Edge – General availability in Q2’20
Available in virtual form-factor to securely extend VPN to the public or private cloud and deliver scalable WAN, Security and CG-NAT functions.
- Branch SD-Edge – General availability in Q3’20
Available in a white-box or virtual form-factor for securely interconnecting branch offices and migrating workloads to the cloud.
- Universal SD-Edge – General availability in Q4’20
Cloud managed uCPE for enterprise/branch connectivity including security, SD-WAN and WAN optimization use cases, with the flexibility to add VNF services from third parties.
“As a leader in disaggregated networking, IP Infusion’s Open SD-Edge platform allows our customers a streamlined path to migrate to Software-Defined services, simplify network infrastructure and management, while future-proofing their networks as their business needs evolve,” said Atsushi Ogata, President and CEO, IP Infusion. “Today’s agile businesses require support at lightning speeds. With industry standard hardware infused with open source software, and virtualized technology, our customers can realize unprecedented agility and automation at a lowest cost per bit.”
- “We are pleased to support IP Infusion, AT&T, and the Linux Foundation in helping enable DANOS and DANOS-Vyatta edition for universal CPE applications on Broadcom’s Hurricane3 switching silicon.” — Wei-Ai Tai, Sr. Director, Business Development, Broadcom’s Core Switch Group.
- “Building on KGPCo’s industry recognition as an innovative SI and strategic network communications solution partner, we are excited to partner with IP Infusion to commercialize their new uCPE solution set, coupled with a rich VNF portfolio built on the DANOS–Vyatta edition. We believe there is tremendous value to KGPCo’s customers in leveraging a carrier certified solution, which will enable our customers in accelerating their ability to offer virtualized network services to their Enterprise customers.” — Trevor Putrah, President, KGPCo.
- “We are excited to work with IP Infusion to enable complete solutions by leveraging AT&T’s DANOS-Vyatta edition on Silicom’s platforms. We believe that combining the flexible capabilities with the DANOS community creates the perfect storm.” — Elad Blatt, Chief Strategy and Business Development Officer, Silicom.
The Cloud Services Router and uCPE solutions are now available for demonstration in the Azure cloud marketplace and as a VNF (VM) for server environments.
For more information on IP Infusion’s Open SD-Edge platform, the Open SD-Edge product brief is available for download at www.IPInfusion.com/uCPE.
About IP Infusion
IP Infusion is a leading provider of open network software and solutions for carriers, service providers and data center operators with over 500 customers and thousands of deployments. Our solutions enable network operators to disaggregate their networks to accelerate innovation, streamline operations, and reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Network OEMs may also disaggregate network devices to expedite time to market, offer comprehensive services, and achieve carrier grade robustness.
IP Infusion is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., and is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD. Additional information can be found at http://www.IPInfusion.com.
IP Infusion and OcNOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of IP Infusion. ACCESS is a registered trademark or trademark of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. Northforge Innovations is a registered trademark of Northforge Innovations, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Katherine Verducci, 1903 PR, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408.429.5779