SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 21, 2022 – IP Infusion, a leading provider of open network software and solutions for wireline and mobile network operators, today announced that it successfully demonstrated the maturity and stability of its OcNOS®-based Disaggregated Cell Site Gateway (DCSG) solution addressing Fronthaul use cases at the O-RAN Global PlugFest Spring 2022.
O-RAN Alliance, a preeminent open technical organization comprising more than 350 companies and institutions, is transforming worldwide Radio Access Networks (RAN) to be intelligent, virtualized and fully interoperable. It features a large cross-section of Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and vendors focused on the disaggregation of the RAN. IP Infusion’s OcNOS-based DCSG contributes essential operational elements of the 5G mobile network, enabling rapid deployment and proven reliability, stability and flexibility.
“O-RAN Alliance’s stringent specifications for open software RAN architecture are defining the future network,” said Atsushi Ogata, President and CEO of IP Infusion. “This vigorous validation and testing in a multi-vendor environment confirms that IP Infusion’s field tested Fronthaul Switch helps operators save on costs as external timing equipment is not needed. We strongly advocate for a telecom industry that is a collaborative, virtualized RAN ecosystem of open, multi-vendor, autonomous networks focused on innovation and agility.”
IP Infusion participated in multi-vendor Fronthaul testing in two independent working environments for the O-RAN Global PlugFest.
- O-RAN PlugFest hosted by AT&T and DISH
- University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL) in Durham, NH, USA
- O-RAN PlugFest hosted by Auray
- Auray OTIC and Security Lab in Taoyuan City, Taiwan
IP Infusion’s DCSG demonstrated advanced Timing and Synchronization capabilities critical to the Fronthaul network. The DCSG as Fronthaul Switch Solution provides unique functionality in the Fronthaul by providing an integrated Grand Master Clock reference to the RAN components. This complete Transport Timing Profile support ensures that IP Infusion is the source for Timing and Synchronization in the Fronthaul. The mature transport capabilities provide high-performance and low-latency with services such as Segment Routing, L2VPN-EVPN and L3VPN, for the RAN traffic.
PlugFest Testing Specifications:
- End-to-End Forwarding and Latency verification of Fronthaul as per O-RAN Open xHaul Transport Working Group 9 specification
- O-RAN Fronthaul Working Group 4 Conformance Test Specification
PlugFest Testing Scope:
- Multi-vendor Interoperability and integration testing of O-RAN components in a lab environment
- O-RAN specified end-to-end tests
- Open Fronthaul S-plane testing
- Portions of O-RAN specified Open Fronthaul Conformance tests, with a focus on the S-Plane
- Verification and validation of applicability of tests in a lab environment
- O-RAN specified Open Fronthaul Conformance tests
- O-RAN specified end-to-end tests
IP Infusion’s solution confirmed its use case capabilities for mobile Fronthaul. Specific multi-vendor testing also showed the solution meeting or exceeding standards for:
- Fronthaul Switch providing Transport and Synchronization to other RAN components
- Integrated Grandmaster clock capability eliminating need for additional timing equipment in the Fronthaul
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP) and Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) used to provide clock reference to multiple O-RUs and O-DUs
- Timing reference provided via 1PPS and 10MHz interfaces to O-DUs
- Mature services including Segment Routing, L2VPN-EVPN and L3VPN used for transporting RAN traffic
- Extensive Quality of Service (QoS) feature support, ensuring prioritized transport
- Node latency verification using external wave-form analyzer
Testing scenarios established realistic deployment conditions with a spectrum of technologies, protocols, and encapsulations of the solutions under review. Read more about the testing parameters and the O-RAN Alliance, please visit: www.o-ran.org.
About IP Infusion
IP Infusion is a leading provider of open network software and solutions for carriers, service providers and data center operators with over 500 customers and thousands of deployments. Our solutions enable network operators to disaggregate their networks to accelerate innovation, streamline operations, and reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Network OEMs may also disaggregate network devices to expedite time to market, offer comprehensive services, and achieve carrier grade robustness.
IP Infusion is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., and is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD. Additional information can be found at http://www.IPInfusion.com.
IP Infusion and OcNOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of IP Infusion. ACCESS is a registered trademark or trademark of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. Northforge Innovations is a registered trademark of Northforge Innovations, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Katherine Verducci, 1903 PR, email@example.com, 408.429.5779