The Industry’s First Full-Featured Commercial Network OS created for Cell Site Routing helps to deploy new networking features, services at lower cost
SANTA CLARA, Calif., December 17, 2018 –IP Infusion, a leading provider of intelligent network software for telecom and data communications services, announced it will release OcNOS™-CSR, the industry’s first full-featured commercial network operating system specifically developed to support various features for cell site routing providing network operators, carriers and enterprises with the software solution needed to achieve the disaggregated networking model. OcNOS-CSR will be available for service providers in Q1, 2019.
“As bandwidth demands increase and service providers are investing to upgrade legacy wireless services and roll out new 5G services, mobile network operators are faced with the challenge to minimize operating costs and improve services,” said Atsushi Ogata, President and CEO of IP Infusion. “The OcNOS-CSR is the industry’s first commercial full-featured network OS enabling White Box network for various cell-site backhaul, helps assure network availability, resiliency, and provides best-in-class performance of mobile applications, Metro Ethernet Access and Business Access Services solutions at various cell-site backhauls.”
Instead of a vendor locked-in and proprietary solution models, a disaggregated networking offers network operators to build networks with diverse, manage networks on their own, and rapidly deploy new networking features and services at lower Total Cost of Ownership.
OcNOS is the industry’s first full-featured network OS for White Box and features include advanced capabilities, such as extensive switching and routing protocol support, MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching), and SDN (software defined networking). OcNOS features hybrid, centralized or distribute network support; scalable, modular high-performance network; and a robust data plane built on merchant silicon.
OcNOS-CSR features line rate performance for all Layer 2 and Layer 3 interfaces (1-100 Gbps); supports platforms with flexible clocking options; Building Integrated Timing Supply (BITS), GPS (10Mhz, 1PPS/ToD),1588v2, and Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE).
OcNOS-CSR works with ODM white box Aggregation Services Switch such as Accton-Edgecore AS7316-26XB, with 16x10G plus 8x25G plus 2x100G ports based on Qumran-AX switching silicon. The AS7316-26XB, when combined with OcNOS-CSR network operating system, provides carriers with a hardened, high-speed, low-power-consumption router/switch optimized for any-generation cell-site Radio Access Network (RAN) backhaul and Ethernet access. By using EdgeCore AS7316-26XB switches along with OcNOS-CSR, network operators can reduce backhaul operating costs, simplify and converge their RAN and Ethernet access networks, and enhance their profit opportunities with mobile and premium Ethernet services.
OcNOS-CSR will help service providers deliver advanced services and reduce operating costs for mobile
backhaul and Carrier Ethernet access solutions. Benefits of OcNOS-CSR include:
- Network Simplification – Supports network virtualization using EVPN for multiple transports can simplify network operations by reducing the number of components that must be managed, supporting easier configuration. The OcNOS-CSR supports Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) and autonomic networking and service activation to accelerate network deployment and service turnup. The result is increased network scalability, improved service velocity, and lower operating costs.
- Service Scalability – Delivers line-rate performance (1-100 Gbps) and flexible service scalability even in compact form factor.
- Comprehensive Services – Features traffic engineering to provide services which can be prioritized and differentiated through hierarchical quality of service (HQoS) and security attributes.
- Timing and Synchronization Support – OcNOS enables the system to provide the timing services required in today’s converged access networks by offering integrated support for the BITS, 10-MHz, 1 pulse-per-second (PPS), and time-of-day (ToD) interfaces.
- Reliable Deployment – Enables OcNOS-CSR powered end-to-end mobile backhaul solution with transport and service redundancy via protection switching, graceful restarts, non-stop routing/forwarding for control plane protocols, loop free alternates for BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and BGP-PIC edge/core.
- Seamless Interworking, Investment Protection and Pay-as-You-Grow Investment Model – Offers built-in software licensing to activate features on the OcNOS-CSR powered white box switches and routers which allows service providers to customize and schedule investments in their networks for a time when network growth and customer demand justify the investment.
About IP Infusion
IP Infusion is a leading provider of open network software and solutions for carriers, service providers and data center operators with over 500 customers and thousands of deployments. Our solutions enable network operators to disaggregate their networks to accelerate innovation, streamline operations, and reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Network OEMs may also disaggregate network devices to expedite time to market, offer comprehensive services, and achieve carrier grade robustness.
IP Infusion is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., and is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD. Additional information can be found at http://www.IPInfusion.com.
IP Infusion and OcNOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of IP Infusion. ACCESS is a registered trademark or trademark of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. Northforge Innovations is a registered trademark of Northforge Innovations, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Katherine Verducci, 1903 PR, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408.429.5779