IP Infusion to showcase OcNOS™ network operating system solutions at 2018 Open Compute Project (OCP) US Summit
15th Mar 2018
SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 15, 2018
– IP Infusion, a leader in disaggregated networking solutions, will showcase how their OcNOS™ network operating system can help service providers solve their networking challenges through a variety of industry-proven solutions, ranging from Internet Exchange Points to Mobile Backhaul, at the 2018 Open Compute Project (OCP) US Summit to be held on March 20-21 at the San Jose Convention Center. IP Infusion will be at booth C12.
OcNOS, the industry’s first full-featured network OS for white box, brings the power of the Open Compute Project, to data networking. Its features include advanced capabilities, such as extensive switching and routing protocol support, MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching), and SDN (software defined networking). OcNOS features scalable, modular high performance control plane; a robust data plane built on merchant silicon and transaction oriented management framework with integration to controllers such as OpenStack.
The OcNOS network operating system is being deployed worldwide in a wide range of networking applications. At the OCP Summit, IP Infusion will showcase how to solve these networking challenges:
- Internet Exchange Point: Solving the peering needs of Internet exchanges with an industry proven solution.
- Intelligent Edge Aggregation (XGS-PON, NG-PON2): Accelerating the adoption of 10Gbps technology with integrated BNG functionality and pluggable OLT modules for business, backhaul and mass market residential services for broadband access service providers who need to support the increasing bandwidth needs of customers (residential, business, mobile) at a lower price point.
- Mobile Backhaul/Cell Site Routing – 5G transition: Overcoming 5G challenges of greater capacity requirements, denser cell-site grids, street level deployments, network virtualization and mission critical applications, whether it’s for mobile broadband, smart vehicles, sensor networks, network slicing, cell site routers or transition to an all-IP backhaul network.
- Integrated Application Container: Enabling a platform for partners and customers to build applications for network monitoring, analytics and telemetry, third-party element management systems and policy management for intent-based networking.
In their booth at OCP Summit, IP Infusion will be showcasing these solutions, including demonstrations showing OcNOS running on Barefoot Networks’ P4 programmable Tofino™ chip and OcNOS running on the Cassini open packet transponder from Edgecore Networks.
“Service providers are demanding proven network operating system solutions to help curb raising enterprise network operations and equipment infrastructure costs, as well as deploy new networking features and services at less TCO,” said Atsushi Ogata, President and CEO of IP Infusion. “As we are demonstrating at the OCP Summit, IP Infusion offers OcNOS, the best industry leading white box solution for a variety of applications that’s based on the industry-tested ZebOS network stack, to meet the challenges of network operators, carriers and enterprises.”
For more information on OcNOS, please see https://ipinfusion.com/products/ocnos.
About IP Infusion
IP Infusion, the leader in disaggregated networking solutions, delivers enterprise and carrier-grade software solutions allowing network operators to reduce network costs, increase flexibility, and to deploy new features and services quickly. IP Infusion’s OcNOS, the industry’s first enterprise and carrier-grade network operating system for Open Compute hardware, allows for easier implementation of large-scale IT networks, and offers customers white box solutions to deploy more quickly. VirNOS™, a NFV-based software platform, provides a carriers and enterprises with a cost-effective network OS approach to implement and manage their networking services. With the OcNOS and VirNOS network operating systems, both powered by ZebOS, IP Infusion offers network operators, carriers, and enterprises with the physical and virtual software solutions they need to achieve the disaggregated networking model. Over 300 customers worldwide, including major networking equipment manufacturers, use IP Infusion’s respected ZebOS platform to build networks to address the evolving needs of cloud, carrier and mobile networking. IP Infusion is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., and is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD. Additional information can be found at https://ipinfusion.com.
IP Infusion, ZebOS, VirNOS and OcNOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of IP Infusion. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.