IP Infusion announces release 1.2 of OcNOS network operating system
8th Jul 2016
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 7, 2016
– IP Infusion, the leader in disaggregated networking solutions, today announced Release 1.2 of OcNOS, the industry’s first carrier-grade network operating system for open networking. OcNOS is a full-featured network operating system which includes advanced capabilities, such as extensive switching and routing protocol support, MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) and SDN. Based on the widely-deployed and time-tested ZebOS® network platform, OcNOS offers seamless transition from traditional networks to open networks while providing investment protection.
“With OcNOS 1.2, network operators can unlock their networks’ true potential,” said Kiyo Oishi, CEO and president of IP Infusion. “Designed to meet the industry’s disaggregated networking requirements, OcNOS delivers a physical software solution for carriers, service providers, and enterprises, which allows them to deploy new services quickly, at reduced cost, and with greater flexibility.”
Available now, OcNOS Release 1.2 gives network operators and service providers the advanced L2/L3 technology to re-design their data centers, whether it’s for a large enterprise or growing small enterprises, and to take advantage of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) technologies from multiple hardware vendors and new open standards, such as the Open Compute project, in order to reduce their hardware costs and maintenance. The combination of the added Layer 2, Layer 3 and MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) features within OcNOS Release 1.2 and the new open standards allows network operators to design extendable, cost-effective data centers in either a traditional hierarchical data center design or with the connectivity across several data centers around the globe. The OcNOS data center interconnect solution provides connectivity between data centers to enable them to extend their data centers services.
The new Layer 2, Layer 3 and MPLS features in Release 1.2 include:
About IP Infusion
- Enhanced BGP support targeted for data centers, with multiple features like Add-path, peer-group configuration, BFD integration for fast failure detection
- Software patch upgrade with rollback facility for easier upgrades
- Complete NETCONF support for a L3 data center configuration
- Complete Ansible support for a L3 data center configuration
- VRF isolation for operations and maintenance protocols such as SSH, Telnet, etc.
- Digital Diagnostics Monitoring for supported SFP
- Multi-chassis LAG integration with RSTP
IP Infusion, the leader in disaggregated networking solutions, delivers enterprise and carrier-grade software solutions to unlock your network’s true potential. IP Infusion offers network operating systems for both physical and virtual networks to carriers, service providers and enterprises to achieve the disaggregated networking model. With the OcNOS and VirNOS™ network operating systems, IP Infusion offers a single, unified physical and virtual software solution to deploy new services quickly at reduced cost and with greater flexibility. Over 300 customers worldwide, including major networking equipment manufacturers, use IP Infusion’s respected ZebOS platform to build networks to address the evolving needs of cloud, carrier and mobile networking. IP Infusion is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., and is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD. Additional information can be found at https://www.ipinfusion.com
IP Infusion, ZebOS, VirNOS and OcNOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of IP Infusion. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.