SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 8, 2016 – IP Infusion, a leading provider of intelligent network software for telecom and data communications services, today announced Release 1.1 of OcNOS™, the first full-featured network operating system for data center and enterprise networking, which will allow network operators to design more extendable and cost-effective data centers and to provide better interconnection between several data centers. OcNOS is a fast, easy and affordable network operating system with extensive protocol support for enterprise class routing, switching and MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching), to help build scalable network platforms that align with the Open Compute Project, an open hardware movement.
Available now, OcNOS Release 1.1 gives network operators and service providers the advanced L2/L3 technology to re-design their data centers, whether it’s for a large enterprise or growing small enterprises, and to take advantage of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) technologies from multiple hardware vendors and new open standards, such as the Open Compute project, in order to reduce their hardware costs and maintenance.
The combination of the added Layer 2, Layer 3 and MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) features within OcNOS Release 1.1 and the new open standards allows network operators to design extendable, cost-effective data centers in either a traditional hierarchical data center design or with the connectivity across several data centers around the globe. The OcNOS data center interconnect solution provides connectivity between data centers to enable them to extend their data centers services.
“When network operators design new data centers or expand their network with more remote locations for improved redundancy, they have the challenge of keeping pace with greater performance needs while still lowering costs,” said Kiyo Oishi, CEO and president of IP Infusion. “With the latest OcNOS release they have field-proven tools in their development toolbox to build scalable network platforms that provide for faster time-to-deployment, increased agility and cost effectiveness.”
The new Layer 2, Layer 3 and MPLS features in Release 1.1 include:
- MC-LAG (Multi-Chassis Link Aggregation Group) allows for node level redundancy along with link redundancy using link aggregation. MPLS data center interconnect is a common use case for MC-LAG.
- TRILL which provides bandwidth scaling and an underlay fabric suitable across data center.
- Uplink Failure Detection/Trigger Failover (UFD/TFO) for faster link failure detection and faster convergence.
- Multiple VR Support for VRRP, VRF Lite and BGP Selective FIB Install within Layer 3.
- MPLS Support, including use of RSVP with IETF Integrated Services, support of differentiated services, protocol extensions for support of Diff-Serve-aware MPLS Traffic Engineering, VPWS and VPLS Services with RSVP FRR. These features help for tighter SLAs from the network, for both bandwidth and redundancy, which is critical in transport networks.
- Support BGP-EVPN with VxLAN for a modern hybrid Layer2/Layer3 data center solution (beta version).
- Security features including automatic error disable with auto recovery and control plane DOS protection.
About IP Infusion
IP Infusion is a leading provider of open network software and solutions for carriers, service providers and data center operators with over 500 customers and thousands of deployments. Our solutions enable network operators to disaggregate their networks to accelerate innovation, streamline operations, and reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Network OEMs may also disaggregate network devices to expedite time to market, offer comprehensive services, and achieve carrier grade robustness.
IP Infusion is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., and is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of ACCESS CO., LTD. Additional information can be found at http://www.IPInfusion.com.
IP Infusion and OcNOS are trademarks or registered trademarks of IP Infusion. ACCESS is a registered trademark or trademark of ACCESS CO., LTD. in the United States, Japan and/or other countries. Northforge Innovations is a registered trademark of Northforge Innovations, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Katherine Verducci, 1903 PR, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408.429.5779