IP Infusion is a leader in disaggregated networking, supporting a wide array of hardware platforms for service providers and data centers.
IP Infusion is introducing its latest OcNOS 6.3 software on the Edgecore AS5835-54T to deliver advanced functionality such as VxLAN and EVPN based services on this 1RU open networking platform.
The AS5835-54T platform can be used as a Top-Of-Rack (TOR) switch connecting a large number of 1/10GBASE-T servers and devices in a rack. Data center operators can adopt AS5835-54T as a TOR switch to upgrade uplinks from 40G to 100G while using 10GBase-T downlinks for the benefit of backwards compatibility with existing 1GBase-T devices and compatibility with a wider range of 10GBase-T compute, storage and networking devices than SFP+.
AS5835-54T platform can also be used as an End-Of-Row switch using standard structured Cat6a cabling thanks to the 100-meter reach. Cloud, telecom and enterprise data centers which are based on Cat6a cabling for its cost effectiveness and installation flexibility and ease can adopt the AS5835-54T for network upgrades without changing the existing infrastructure.
The OCNOS-DC package and AS5835-54T bundle can be purchased from IP Infusion and its partners.
OcNOS-DC Use Cases
OcNOS-DC supports the following use cases on a wide variety of Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware:
- Multi-tenant DC (underlay + overlay)
- Data center interconnect
- Data center devices Out-Of-Band (OOB) Management Network connectivity
OcNOS-DC Key Benefits
The following are key benefits of the OcNOS Data Center:
- Deployment proven disaggregated networking solutions for Tier-1 Internet Exchanges
- Open standards-based product, interoperable with existing deployments
- Small footprint resulting from an optimized design
- Scalable NOS with Terabits switching bandwidth support
- Available in multiple packages for out-of-band management network, data center CLOS and overlay networking, and data center interconnect use cases
- Enables hardware independence delivering faster roll-out of new services and shorter time-to-market
- Simplify operations to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
OcNOS-DC Key Features
- Comprehensive L2 switching and L3 routing
- Advanced QoS and Data Center Bridging
- Netconf, OpenConfig Yang data model
With OcNOS-DC, IT specialists can cut costs, promote scalability, and customize leading networking technology to fit their unique needs. It is ideal for virtualized data centers with overlay networking to enable agile on-demand provisioning of applications and self-service experiences for IT and business services.
IP Infusion’s OcNOS-DC solution fully supports IGP and BGP underlay and EVPN-VxLAN overlay. It can be used to build out infrastructure with a consistent architecture across the organization’s data centers, regardless of size or scale. As a result IP Infusion’s data center solution can dynamically scale infrastructure to meet growing application needs with standardized programmatic creation of logical networks.
For more information on software features and hardware platforms supported in OcNOS-DC refer to the OcNOS DATA CENTER page.
Top of Rack (ToR) Switch Use Case
IP Infusion’s OcNOS-DC on the Edgecore AS5835-54T platform meets the high-performance requirements of cloud and enterprise data centers. The AS5835-54T switch provides full line-rate switching at Layer 2 or Layer 3 across 48 x 10GbE ports and 6 x 100GbE uplinks. It provides data center operators with a resilient off-the-shelf switch with top-notch performance and a low total cost of ownership. Thanks to Broadcom XGS technology and a server grade 4-core CPU with large memory and storage, the solution is ideal as a TOR switch at the edge of non-blocking folded-Clos data center network performing advanced L2 and L3 VxLAN gateway functions.
Key features of AS5835-54T include:
- Cost-effective, open network switch for data center networking
- 48 x 10G RJ-45 IEEE 802.3an switch ports
- 6 x 100 QSFP28 switch ports
- 1.08 Tbps switching capacity and 32MB integrated packet buffer
- Intel Atom/Denverton C3558 2.2GHz 4-core x86 processor, 8GB x 2 SO-DIMM DDR4, 16 MB x 2 SPI Flash and m.2 64GB MLC storage
- 1U form factor rack mountable in standard 19″ racks
- Supports hot/cold aisles with port-to-power and power-to-port airflow SKUs
- All ports on front; PSUs, fan modules on rear
- 323 max power consumption supported by 2 redundant PSUs, load-sharing, hot-swappable AC or -48 VDC
- Hot swappable 4+1 redundant fan modules
- Out-of-band management: Ethernet and console RJ-45 ports; USB storage port
Pairing the AS5835-54T with OcNOS disaggregated networking software further enhances the versatility and usability of this powerful new switch.
For more information refer to Edgecore AS5835-54T page.
Connect IP Infusion today to learn more about OcNOS AGGR.
Alan Huang is the Senior Product Manager, Data Center for IP Infusion.