IP Infusion is a leader in disaggregated networking, supporting a breadth of hardware platforms for service providers and data centers.
In OcNOS 6.3 which is planned to be released by the end of May 2023, IP Infusion is introducing support of the OCNOS-DC-MGMT package for the Celestica DS1000 platform. The OCNOS-DC-MGMT package and DS1000 bundle can be purchased from IP Infusion and its partners. The Celestica DS1000 platform can be used as a management switch. This 48 port management switch enables secure out-of-band access and control to the devices in data centers networks.
OcNOS-DC Use Cases
OcNOS-DC supports the following use cases on a wide variety of Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware:
- Multi-tenant DC (underlay + overlay)
- Data center interconnect
- Data center devices Out-Of-Band (OOB) Management Network connectivity
OcNOS-DC Key Features
OcNOS-DC consists of following Key Features:
- Comprehensive Layer 2 feature support including VLAN, Link Aggregation, L2 and L3 MLAG and xSTP
- Advanced Layer 3 Routing capabilities including BGP, RIP, OSPF, ISIS, BFD and VRRP
- Complete Virtual Extensible LAN (VxLAN) support including EVPN for VxLAN, Quality of service (QoS), Ethernet Virtual Connection (EVC) Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB), and Overlay Equal-Cost Multipath (ECMP)
- Multi-Protocol Label Switch (MPLS) support with LDP, RSVP and MPLS-OAM
- Multicast features including PIM, MLDP and IGMP
- Most comprehensive Quality of Service support available on any disaggregated NOS
- Security: Storm control, Flow control, DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, Dynamic ARP inspection, Access Control List
- Management: SNMP: v1, v2, v3, Zero Touch Provisioning, sFlow, NETCONF, openConfig Yang Model and DHCP server/client support
OcNOS-DC provides following services:
- Traditional L2 and L3 underlay support
- Ethernet VPN (EVPN)
- Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN)
- Layer 3 VPN (L3VPN)
OcNOS-DC provides following transport:
- Virtual Extensible LAN (VxLAN)
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
OcNOS-DC Data Center Interconnect
Multi-site data center interconnect
OcNOS-DC Key Benefits
The most notable benefits associated with OcNOS-DC include:
- Lower TCO: Up to 65-75% savings against traditional OEM vendors
- World-Class Support: Support provided 24/7/365
- Multiple Package Options: Choose the package that aligns with your connectivity and data center needs
- Open Standard Model: These models support network automation, orchestration, and control
- Packaged Solution: Our disaggregated network solutions are packaged with a selection of multi-vendor open networking switches to condense deployment times and decrease time to revenue
With OcNOS-DC and bundled hardware like the DS1000 data center platform, IT specialists can cut costs, promote scalability, and customize leading networking technology to fit their unique needs.
The IP Infusion management switch provides OOB network connectivity to the network devices in the data center. It also supports advanced functions such as MLAG with VRRP and eBGP for using as a gateway to connect to management systems like service provisioning servers and external management networks.
IP Infusion’s OcNOS-DC is available in following SKUs:
These three tiers of OcNOS-DC support multiple data center use cases and a wide range of connectivity needs.
For more information on software features and hardware platforms supported in OcNOS-DC refer to the OcNOS-DC Datasheet.
Celestica DS1000 for Management Switch Use Case
The DS1000 is an energy-efficient and cost-effective hardware platform from Celestica, and features the following ports:
- 48 x 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 ports for out-of-band remote serial console access of network devices and
- 8 SFP+ ports in a compact 1U form factor.
At peak consumption levels, the DS1000 consumes under 200W of power with an 80 Plus Platinum rating and redundant hot-swappable power supplies.
IP Infusion’s OcNOS-DC on Celestica DS1000 provides data center operators with a resilient off-the-shelf management switch with a low total cost of ownership. The DS1000 platform is ideal for data center rack-level management network connectivity and complements a rich set of leaf and spine switches.
Key features of OcNOS-DC on Celestica DS1000 include:
- High-performance Gigabit Ethernet Layer 3 switch
- Form Factor: The DS1000 is a compact 1U switch, allowing for powerful network management in a small package
- Interfaces: 48 x 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 ports and 8 SFP+ ports
- Switching capacity: 128Gbps; Packet Buffer of 4 MB
- Power: The switch consumes less than 200W of energy at peak consumption and features 1+1 redundant, hot-swappable PSUs
- Processor: The DS1000’s Intel Denverton 4-core 4GB processor supports a variety of use cases
- Mean Time Between Failures: With an MTBF rating of 150,000+ hours, the DS1000 promotes uptime and offers exceptional reliability
Pairing the DS1000 with OcNOS disaggregated networking software further enhances the versatility and usability of this powerful new switch.
For more information refer to Celestica’s DS1000 page.
Contact us today for more information on OcNOS.
Alan Huang is the Senior Product Manager, Data Center for IP Infusion.