ZebOS Abstraction Layer
The ZebOS Abstraction Layer isolates all of the hardware and operating system specific interactions into a small set of well-defined function calls for the control plane. The abstraction layer provides a unified interface for the control plane to interact with the forwarding plane for all L2, L3, multicast and MPLS forwarding needs. The function calls above the abstraction layer run unmodified for any switching and routing hardware platform. The result is that you have the full flexibility to select only the required protocol modules in the most cost and code space effective way.
ZebOS Hardware Integration provides integration and optimization of the ZebOS software with both silicon hardware and operating system of choice. Depending on the system application, the appropriate hardware integration and the required options can be selected flexibly.
- Abstracts L2/L3 services from the data plane hardware
- Enables hardware and software portability
- Already integrated with these chipsets:
Qualified on these operating systems:
- Wind River Linux (WRL)
- Red Hat Linux (RHEL)
- CentOS (Open Source)
- Designed to support custom Operating Systems (with external testing)
- Additional integrations are available with Professional Services